Notes about FreeBSD
This where I collect my notes for the things that I've done with FreeBSD. They may be of use to you, too.
How I Did It
I do things, then tell you how.
- FreeBSD Install Notes - Some notes on what I do when I install FreeBSD on my main desktop machine. Will likely never be fully complete. - Written for FreeBSD 12
- Using a memory disk to reduce hard drive wear and tear while building ports - I carved out some of my computer's RAM to use to build ports and save some write cycles on my SSDs. - Written for FreeBSD 12
- BSD-Hardware dot info - I used a small program to tell the FreeBSD team what kind of hardware I installed it on. - Written for FreeBSD 12
- Setting up musicpd, musicpc, and ncmpcpp - Setting up the standard alphabet soup of console-based media players. - Written for FreeBSD 12
- Using sshfs, mpd, ncmpcpp, and VirtualBox to listen to crap I want when I'm not home - I didn't stop with mpd, mpc, and ncmpcpp. I also used sshfs to access my music remotely when I should probably be working - Written for FreeBSD 12
- Sound Blaster Z - My motherboard's onboard sound is buggy, so I try a discrete sound card for the first time in... a while. - Written for FreeBSD 13
- Fixing FireFox 116.0.2,2 Sound on FreeBSD - I ugraded FireFox and then it couldn't play sound. This is how I fixed it. - Written for FreeBSD 13